The Park is open from Dawn to Dusk.
This 13.5 acre park boasts Indiana’s first all-accessible playground area for persons with disabilities. This park was developed and constructed in 2000 with the help of over 200 businesses, civic organizations, and individuals. Independence Park provides the only green space park located in White River Township. Independence Park hosts thousands of visitors each year. The park accommodates those who enjoy walking and jogging as well as those who are there to walk their furry, four-legged friends.
Independent Park also includes:
- Wheelchair Trail (zero grade)1/4 mile asphalt
- 3/4 mile asphalt Hiking Trail
- 3 Rentable Picnic Shelters
- Full Court Basketball Court
- Wheelchair Basketball Court -great for small children also!
- 8,000 square foot Playground Area with over 100 components all-accessible with rubberized surface underneath each component
- Sensory Playground Area with 20 components for children with Autism
- Large Gazebo with benches overlooking playground area