The Park is open from Dawn to Dusk, but the roadway and walking trails are not maintained in the winter months. Please be aware that the park will remain closed during times of heavy snow and ice.
*Alcohol is NOT allowed in Independence Park at any time.
This 13.5 acre park boasts Indiana’s first all-accessible playground area for persons with disabilities. This park was developed and constructed in 2000 with the help of over 200 businesses, civic organizations, and individuals. Independence Park provides the only green space park located in White River Township. Independence Park hosts thousands of visitors each year. The park accommodates those who enjoy walking and jogging as well as those who are there to walk their furry, four-legged friends.
Independent Park also includes:
- Wheelchair Accessible Trail (zero grade, 1/4 mile asphalt)
- 1/2 mile asphalt Hiking Trail
- 3 Picnic Shelters available for rentals
- Full-Court Basketball Court
- Wheelchair Accessible Basketball Court -great for small children also!
- 8,000 square foot Playground Area with over 100 components all-accessible with rubberized surface underneath each component
- Sensory Playground Area with 20 components for children with Autism
- Large Gazebo with benches overlooking playground area
- A StoryWalk along a portion of our trail. Books will be switched seasonally!